Rivers Edge Chevre of Logsden, Oregon was awarded “Best USA Cheese” on July 30th at the International Cheese Awards, the worlds largest cheese competition. The competition was established in 1897 and this year received a record 4,286 entries from 27 countries. The International Cheese awards are held as part of the Nantwich Agricultural Society’s annual festival in the beautiful Dorfold Park, Nantwich, England. There were 190 judges for this years competition.
Rivers Edge Chevre received a total of 5 awards at the competition:
- Humbug Mountain: Best USA Cheese, gold and trophy sponsored by Reefers 90
- Cape Foulweather: Gold, Cheese with additives.
- Sunset Bay: Silver, Goat milk cheese with additives.
- True Love: Silver, Cheese any variety produced by producers who produce 2 tons or less a week.
- Siltcoos: Honorable mention, Goat milk cheese other than hardpressed open to UK and non UK producers.
Rivers Edge Chevre is a farmstead goat cheese producer located in the central Oregon coast range. After a life time of raising goats and making cheese for home use, Patricia Morford, opened Rivers Edge Chevre on her farm in August of 2005. Since then she has been shipping her cheeses all over the United States and winning awards at National and International cheese competitions. Rivers Edge Chevre is currently building a herd of dairy sheep (Lacaune and East Friesian breeds) to add to their herd of Alpine dairy goats because once you start making cheese you are always striving for something new and interesting.
For more information, photographs or to schedule an interview with Patricia or Astraea Morford, please call (541) 444-1362 or email her @ firstname.lastname@example.org